Monday, February 05, 2007

Is something burning?

It must have been my legs. I couldn't figure out what was slowing me down - while it felt like an anchor, I suspected my brake pads were dragging. It turns out that I was so bundled up for the cold, that I didn't realize the HEADWIND! And let me just say, for the record, that headwinds suck. The one Saturday turned my 40 mile ride into a 15 mile it-feels-so-good-to-be-home ride.

I sure have been thinking about cancer a lot lately. I wish it would go away. I want to move on to thinking about other stuff, but it keeps showing up uninvited. It's a motivator, I suppose. It's making me put my health as a higher priority. I'm losing weight and riding more. I'm much more concerned about what food I'm eating (well, except for an occassional late-night pig fest). Don't get me wrong - I don't mind thinking or talking about cancer, I just want to do it when I want to do it. I want the choice to think about it or not. Right now, it's just always there. And sometimes, I just wish it would go away.

No comments: